25. April 2010 02:22
It is the same procedure every year… Wineries throughout most of the German-speaking Cantons open their doors for wine tastings on the first of May. It is a young tradition…but, one that is growing rapidly in popularity. This year over 190 wineries will host tastings – many of which also include food, music and other interesting cultural events.
Cantons participating this year include: Basel-Stadt, Baselland, Aargau, Luzern, Schwyz, Zürich, Schaffhausen, Thurgau, St. Gallen, Appenzell-Ausserrhoden and Graubünden. More...
6. April 2010 20:50
We are very excited to provide more information about our first culinary workshop week in Tuscany from the 27th of June through the 3rd of July. We are offering a unique opportunity to experience Italian food and wine lifestyle in a wonderfully restored Tuscan bed and breakfast, while offering 5 days of culinary classes, excursions, wine tasting and more!
We will be located in the Val d'Orcia, between the major wine regions of Montalcino and Montepulciano. The amazing B&B is as Tuscan as it gets, and offers private apartments with kitchens, a swimming pool, and many other features guaranteed to make this a charming and relaxing culinary getaway...and you get to cook with us!
Participation is limited to six so we can keep the experience very personal…and very unique! A Brief Look…
- One week workshop held in a beautiful estate in the heart of Val d’Orcia, situated between the world-renown wine regions of Montalcino and Montepulciano – more about il Poggiolo
- Comfortable and spacious apartments with a private bedroom and shared kitchen, living room and bathroom
- Daily cooking workshops in a professional kitchen
- Small group of participants to allow for personal and professional attention and instruction
- Local excursions to wine, cheese and olive oil producers
- Guided wine degustation/instruction exploring the finer side of Italian wine
- Plenty of free time to explore the surroundings or simply lounge by the pool
1,800 Euro for 6-nights’ accommodations and 5-days culinary workshops
Ask us a question…or reserve a place HERE